You are not logged in.

#1 October 15, 2011 5:19pm

Moloch
Arkanix Labs
Website

Halloween movies

So every year during October I try to watch movies which have Halloween like themes; zombies, vampires, ghosts, etc.

Today I watched Stakeland -> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1464580/

The story revolves around a boy and his savor called "Mister". After the boys family is slaughtered in the first minutes of the movie and he is saved by "Mister" they head north to "New Eden". Along the way they pick up new companions and live a life on the run from barbariac vampires and religious nuts that believe the vampires are "Gods work". The vampirism in this movie is a virus that spreads worldwide in a matter of days and is helped along by the religious nuts dropping vampires by helicopter into towns or flying them in by plane.

Nice movie, not stellar, but certainly a 6/10 score from me. The characters do draw you in and have to make some very hard decisions during their travels to "New Eden".

#2 October 16, 2011 4:17am

aNdy
Arkanix Labs
Website

Re: Halloween movies

Looks cool.  I'll try to watch it!

#3 October 16, 2011 9:36am

aNdy
Arkanix Labs
Website

I must admit to having a fascination with apocalyptic end of the world type films, including zombie flicks.

I offer up 'The Stink of Flesh' - > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0378808/

It's not particularly great, with a daft story line, some bad acting, but some good action sequences. However, I think it's one of those 'bad it's good' type of films.  Gets a 5/10 from me.  I bought it on DVD a couple of years ago for £1 (about $1.50).

#4 October 16, 2011 7:39pm

Moloch
Arkanix Labs
Website

Tonight was the Season 2 premiere for The Walking Dead, just finished watching it. Looks like this season is getting off to a good start and the extra seven episodes will surely help things along.

#5 October 17, 2011 10:41am

Yogibear
Arkanix Labs

Well I'm not into horror movies. Although I did see some Freddy Krueger and 2 Jeepers Creepers movies a time ago.

#6 October 17, 2011 11:47am

aNdy
Arkanix Labs
Website

Moloch wrote:

Tonight was the Season 2 premiere for The Walking Dead, just finished watching it. Looks like this season is getting off to a good start and the extra seven episodes will surely help things along.

Starts here this Friday (21st Oct).  Already set the satellite decoder to record!

#7 October 18, 2011 7:12am

Warlock
Arkanix Labs
Website

Well here is one just after Halloween though. This ones for Moloch  wink

The Human Centipede II (Full Sequence)

Registered users online in this topic: 0, guests: 1
[Bot] claudebot

Board footer